Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Wonder of Books...

Yesterday was Monday, October 14, 2013; later afternoon the girls and I went out for a walk, as we often do. At one point, L was holding my hand, she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, do we have any books about how flowers grow?" I told her we didn't and she asked, "Can you get some from the library?" OF COURSE I WILL!!! Just a few minutes went by and she looked up at the cloudy sky and asked, "Mommy, can you get a book about what happens to the sky when it rains?" ABSOLUTELY!!

We just started going to the library this past summer and both girls love it! We've always read A LOT! But now we read daily (I don't count bedtime... I'm talking about during the day). I THINK IT'S AMAZING THAT AT 3 1/2 SHE IS THINKING ABOUT THESE THINGS! THAT SHE KNOWS THERE'S KNOWLEDGE IN BOOKS. THAT SHE CAN READ A BOOK AND LEARN THINGS. She has questions about how flowers grow and wants books so she can LEARN!! 

Call me crazy! I'm just a proud mommy! I think this is amazing! I'm happy she loves books, I'm happy she wants to learn. I'm happy she's asking for things that interest her or just things she wants to know about!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment